Last updated: 29th March 2018
Sterilab Services are a company based and operating in the UK. The information in these pages relate to the privacy practices of Sterilab Services (herein referred to as "Sterilab", "we", "our" or "us").
Sterilab fully respects your right to privacy and we take our legal obligations seriously. We aim to be fully transparent in the way we collect, store and use your personal data.
2. Cookies and Tracking technologies
2.1 Visitors to our Website
When someone visits www.sterilab.co.uk we use tracking technologies (cookies): In conjunction with our log data we may use tracking technologies such as tags on our web pages and small data files which we store on your device (known as "cookies"). These technologies enable us to recognise your device and to track your interaction with our services. We do not use these technologies to identify you and we do not intentionally collect or record personally identifiable information through these technologies. See our Cookies Policy for more information.
We also use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. We will always make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
If you have any concerns, please contact us at: email@example.com
Your use of our services constitutes your consent to the processing of your information described herein.
3.0 Personal Information
We may collect, store and use the personal information you give us for the day to day running of our business. We are fully transparent in the data we collect and how we use it. Generally speaking, we will collect information relating to you and/or your use of our services in the following ways:
- Email or Website,
- Face to face meeting/Trade Shows and events.
3.1 Personal information supplied by you
This is usually information that identifies you as an individual or that enables us to contact you and can include your name, place of work, occupation, delivery address, telephone number, e-mail address, and Company payment information.
3.2 Information collected via specialist data companies:
We sometimes use specialist data companies to provide us with information. For example, we might use a list buying company to provide us with a list of data for prospecting. This data will only be used to contact people that have opted in to being contacted and by the method of contact they have agreed to.
3.3 Using of personal Information
Specifically, we will use your information in the following ways:
- For the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and newsletters.
- For the purchases you make of our goods or services and other transactions that you may make when you enter through our website or contact us.
- To send you marketing communications that you have requested (you can inform us at any time if you no longer want to receive these. Our details can be found at the end of this document).
- To send statements and invoices and payment reminders and collect payments from you
- To deal with enquiries or complaints made by or about you relating to our products and services.
- Keep our website and business secure and prevent fraud.
- To adhere with legal authorities.
We will not without your consent pass on any of your details to any third party for the purposes of direct marketing.
3.4 Disclosing Personal Information
Generally, we will only disclose your data to other parties with your consent. We may also disclose your personal information to law enforcement agencies, government/regulatory bodies, internet service providers and content protection organizations as required or allowed by law.
We may disclose personal information to any of our employees, insurer’s professional advisors, agents and suppliers or sub-contractors as reasonable necessary:
- As required by the purposes of law.
- In connection with any ongoing legal dispute or prospective legal case.
- In order to establish or protect and defend our legal rights.
- To the purchaser or prospective purchaser or our business or asset that we are contemplating selling.
3.5 Retaining Personal Information
We comply with all our legal obligations relating to the retention and deletion of personal information. We hold your information securely on our systems for as long a required for the provision of our service to you. Or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us, we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
4.0 Security of Information
We use best practice to follow systems and procedures to protect your personal information from, loss, misuse, destruction and unauthorised disclosure. We take care to protect your information but unfortunately no system can be guaranteed as completely secure. We draw your attention to the possibility that an unrelated third party may attempt to intercept such data and transmissions unlawfully.
If you have any reason to suspect that your personal data may have been accessed or compromised please contact us as soon as possible.
5.0 Your marketing and communications preferences
You have the right at any time to instruct us to stop processing your information for the purposes of marketing. Please let us know at any time if you wish to op t out of marketing and communications messages. You can do this via the unsubscribe link on any marketing email or by getting in touch via email, or post (our details are at the end of this policy).
6.0 Access to Personal Information
You can contact us to see what ‘personal information’ we hold about you; the provision of information will be allowed providing you can verify your identity. Access on the part of a third party will not be permitted. You will require either:
A photo copy of your driving license or passport, or a utility bill showing your name.
- You can ask us to supply, correct and delete information we hold about you and we will endeavour to meet your requests within 1 month or as detailed by law.
- We have the right to withhold personal information we hold about you as permitted or requested by law.
- We have the right to charge a fee should the request be deemed unreasonable.
- We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files within a reasonable time or as required by law.
7.0 Deleting your personal information
You have the right to be forgotten and we appreciate that you have the right to change your mind regarding being contacted. Therefore, if you would like us to delete your personal information from our records, please get in touch using the contact details at the end of this policy.
Please be aware that we may need to retain some details to satisfy law and/or for own legitimate business purposes.
9.0 Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this policy or our approach to privacy, please contact us via post or email at:
Data Protection Officer
18 Mornington Terrace